Internal Quality Assurance Cell
The primary aim of IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution and to promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of an institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution
The roles/duties of main stakeholders such as students, alumni, faculty and college management are indicative in nature as given below:
- Role of students- Students are required to abide by norms, rules, guidelines related to discipline, punctuality, and regularity. They have to meet the benchmarks to maintain good attendance, results and to develop required presentation skills. Students can provide their feedback to remove any deficiencies in the course curriculum, teaching-learning process.
- Role of Alumni -The alumni should maintain good communication with faculty and the institution by providing market feedback, technology trends, and job opportunities. They will maintain the goodwill of the college.
- Role of Faculty- Faculty should maintain discipline according to the institution's rules and guidelines. Faculty should ensure quality teaching and learning processes.
- Role of Management -Embed quality as an important component of the vision/mission of the institution. Faculties are encouraged to attend national and international conference and workshops to update their knowledge and skills. Set up necessary empowered committees for maintaining/assuring highest levels of quality of teaching, infrastructure etc. Provide support in terms of infrastructure, manpower and financial support.
- Periodicity of the meeting of IQAC - The IQAC committee will meet on Quarterly basis or at least once in a semester.